Briar Chemicals offers an extensive range of solids and liquids manufacturing assets, with a total reactor capacity in excess of 700 m3.
Once a process has been optimised in our laboratories (on a scale from grams to 50 litres), it is scaled up onto one of our manufacturing units.
- Reaction vessels range from 2.3m3 to 25m3. Materials of construction include glass lined MS, stainless steel, hastelloy, and titanium
- Glycol cooling/heating enables us to provide jacket services between -17 deg C and + 90 deg C
- Steam heating allows jacket services at pressures up to 17 barg
- Hot oil systems provide heating up to 250 deg C
- Diverse range of solids handling equipment in a variety of materials of construction (including hastelloy): pan and rotary paddle driers, centrifuges, pressure filters, belt filters, rotary sieves, milling equipment
- Batch and continuous distillation
- Recovery and recycle of solvents and copper salts
- Bulk storages for raw materials, intermediates and finished products
- Specialist handling facilities for ammonia, bulk bromine, iodine, cyanides, hydrogen peroxide, sulphur dioxide, thionyl chloride
- Stand-alone Formulation and Packing facility comprising batch formulations from 4,000 litres to 27,000 litres, 6 automated packing lines from bulk down to 0.25 litre packs, extensive warehousing and bulk storage facilities for both raw materials and finished products
- Effluent treatment and fire water retention facilities
- An on-site Combined Heat and Power plant affords a flexible approach to electricity generation